Sunday, September 6, 2009

Denis d' Argent Syrah 2002

Variety: Syrah
Country of origin:
Argentina
Wine appellation:
Mendoza
Vintage:
2002
Alcohol content: 13.3%
Residual sugar: 3.1 g/l
Acidity: 4.1g/l
Color: medium red with bricky tones
Bouquet: Forest fruit preserve, canned cherry, plums, mild peppery tones
Taste: Finally I can taste it as it smells really nice and I did not want to taste it before I made the notes about its buquet:) So, medium body, canned blackberries going towards marmalade tones, given its age quite nice fruitiness, very smooth, rounded, medium finish
Recommended food pairing: Spaghetti Bolognese, veal, heavier elaboration of pork dishes
Overall score:84
As we are getting towards fall my natural appettite moved from whites and roses towards reds. (This does not mean that there will be only reds tasted) so i looked at my cellar if there is something, which would sooth my palate :) and I found this bottle. I rememeber getting it with my friend about 5 years ago in wine festival in Troja chateau in Prague. We could not find suitable local red from the barrel, so we decided to buy this one. Later one I ordered a case and store it in my cellar to see how it ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment