Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sileni Tahuna Pinot Noir 2004

Going towards winter and after spending 13.5 hours at work today I felt like rewarding me with something special. Also on the kitchen line excellent shepherds pie was awaiting me from my loved one. So I knew it must be Pinot Noir. I had in the fridge Prahova Valley Pinot Noir 2006 (I will post it later on), but somehow I felt like st. more. I selected  Sileni Tahuna Pinot Noir 2004, which I tasted here in March  and I was so delighted:) It is truly amazing Pinot, far far different from Prahova Valley one, gentle, round and pleasant at the same time; it resembles dark sexy lady in her 30th  knowing what she wants from the life and not want to make any compromises, very subtle in the nose, cherries, wild raspberries, touch of marmalade tones and powerful at the same time. Why on earth is this wine not cheaper so you do not have to go through the purgatory of drinking ordinary wine in order for your soul to be ready for something divine:). Score: 88

2 comments:

  1. 13.5 hours at work!!! This wine definitely sounds like a reward. I have been looking online and I cannot find it for sale in Australia, but will now be checking regularly.

    Small point -> a man working 13.5 hours at your role can now surely make it to heaven more regularly, no :-)

    Enjoy. See you next month!

    ReplyDelete