Friday, February 18, 2011

Vina Santa Rita 120 Carmenere 2004

Variety: Carmenere
Country of origin: Chile
Wine appellation: Rapel valley
Vintage: 2004
Alcohol content: 14.0%
Residual sugar: g/l
Acidity: g/l
Color: deep ruby red at the meniscus going towards  garnet
Bouquet: intense black cherries with spices
Taste: medium body, excellent dark red fruit combined with spiciness and mouth watering nice fruity acidity and round gentle and pleasant tannins, medium to longer finish
Recommended food pairing: hanger steak
Overall score: 85
Price: CZK 245 
Stopper: cork
Very nice and properly aged Carmenere. I am pleasantly surprised of the level of tannins in the wine, they are at this point nice round and soft and accompanied by lots of fruit preserve.I had this wine in cellar for about 5 years.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I remember the Santa Rita's range. I was also a fan of their Cab Sav. I have found a distributor here so I will have to add a few to the cellar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is from our legendary tasting at Neubauer & syn

    ReplyDelete