Thursday, March 14, 2013

Vinařství Krásná Hora Zweigeltrebe 2011

Variety: Zweigeltrebe
Country of origin: Czech Republic
Wine appellation: Moravia, Slovácko sub-appellation, Starý Podvorov village
Vintage: 2011
Alcohol content: 11.5%
Color: lighter violet red
Bouquet: predominantly fruity character with sour cherries and red currant being the most dominant
Taste: light to medium body, similar to nose fruity type of wine, pleasantly done, not very complex, black cherries, hint of plums, almost no tannins at all, low acidity (I guess due to hot 2011 vintage), medium finish
Recommended food pairing: pate
Overall score: 3+8+11+5+6+50=83
Price: CZK 150
Stopper: single piece cork
This was my testing Zweigelt bottle. The wine received gold medal in Prague Wine Trophy with 88 points so I decided to check. Luckily I did not buy a whole case , but just single bottle. It is nowhere Zweigelt for 88 points, do not get me wrong I finished the whole bottle very quickly, it is nicely drinkable due to low alcohol and good fruit, but there are better Zweigelts on the market and definitely this one is not 88 points:-)

2 comments: