Thursday, June 26, 2014

J.& F. Lurton Les Salices Pinot Noir Oak Aged VdP 2004

Variety: 100% Pinot Noir

Country of origin: France
Wine appellation: Languedoc, Minervois
Vintage: 2004
Alcohol content: 13.0%
Color: medium garnet red wit bricky meniscus
Bouquet: not very expressive, spices, cherries, less gentle that I would expect for Pinot
Taste: medium body, cherries, spices, very straightforward with no further complexity, medium  finish
Overall score: 3+7+10+5+6=81
Price: CZK 250
Stopper: screw cap
One of the discoveries from my cellar. I checked and I tasted the same wine in March 2010 so I was interested how the wine changed. Due to screw cap stopper there was no oxidation at all, however the wine did not behave like typical Pinot, it lacked the elegance and finesse and was rather straightforward average wine. What is truth is the fact that my palate got spoiled in these 4 years, so for now I would say it is pretty basic Languedoc Pinot and you can get better Pinots from Moravia for the same money.  

No comments:

Post a Comment