Saturday, September 8, 2012

Altes Herencia Garnatxa Negra 2010

Variety: Grenache
Country of origin: Spain
Wine appellation: Terra Alta
Vintage: 2010
Alcohol content: 14.0%
Color: dark ruby red with watery meniscus
Bouquet: overripe black sour cherry,alcohol slightly standing out towards sweet brandy tones, but surprisingly it is not aggressive
Taste: medium to full body,very strong black sour cherries, stunning minerality, with fleshy undertones to it, medium to longer finish
Overall score: 88
Price: CZK 200
Stopper: single piece of cork
Depends on your preference, but I am a lover of Grenache based wines, especially from Priorat region. I tried this one as testing and I was shocked by the taste considering the price. I will be getting a case for sure as it still has 3 years easily to go. BTW I checked now on the web looking for the pic that it scored 91pts in wine Spectator.

1 comment: