Thursday, September 6, 2012

Peter Mertes Turmfalke Grauer Burgunder 2007

Variety: Pinot Grigio
Country of origin: Germany
Wine appellation: Rheinhessen 
Vintage: 2007
Alcohol content: 12.5%
Color: medium yellow
Bouquet:expressive with orange peel playing the accord accompanied by lemon freshness
Taste: medium body, citrusy, surprisingly with excellent zestiness and acidity considering 2007 vintage, lime and orange accompanied by slight biscuit tones like in vintage Champagne, most likely stemming from bottle maturity,  medium finish
Recommended food pairing: blue cheese
Overall score: 86
Price: CZK 150 in 2008
Stopper: screw cap
I love this wine!!!!! it is so drinkable that I finished the whole bottle working on my notebook. Excellent value price ratio and 4 more bottles in my cellar:) Andrew, you may remember this was the wine which ended second in our tastings of PG in your flat, hence I bought a full case and discovered it recently in my cellar. What a nice surprise. I may leave some for you when here in Jan.

No comments:

Post a Comment