Friday, July 12, 2013

Jaroslav Springer The Best of Jaroslav Springer Frankovka 2009

Variety: 100 % Blaufrankish
Country of origin: Czech Republic
Wine appellation: Moravia, Velké Pavlovice sub-appellation, Bořetice village, vineyard not stated
Vintage: 2009
Alcohol content: not stated
Color: medium ruby red with violet meniscus and hint of murky as I guess the wine was unfiltered
Bouquet: violet flowers, very fruity, sour cherries, small red pit fruit
Taste: medium body, similar to nose the mouth proifle is very fruity with wild small sour cherries and red currant being the major fruit accompanied by very high acidity, medium to longer finish
Recommended food pairing: duck pate
Overall score: 4+7+10+6+5=82
Price: I guess CZK 300
Stopper: single piece cork
I bought this wine when visiting the winery couple of years ago. As far as I remember this wine was unfiltered and almost no sulfur was used in production of the wine. Stored carefully in damp cellar at 13°C it nicely survived to date. This wine for me reminds me a lot this wine from Korab made from very old vineyard in traditional (authentic) way tasted in November 2012. I am not fan of Frankovka, but I quite like this wine despite very high acidity and huge fruit. I guess majority of the people would not agree with me:-), that what is good about the wine;-).


No comments:

Post a Comment