Saturday, November 8, 2014

Znovín Znojmo Rulandské Modré 2009 výběr z hroznů

One of my most versatile and best value/price Pinot I bought this year. This is already 10th bottle from the 2 cases bought this year  I like it quite a lot so unfortunately it does not have time to age further. Also there is no need for further ageing as the wine has perfect bottle maturity anyway. August 2014 tasting notes apply. The way I got it is that I opened the bottle from my cellar in December 2013 and I was so amazed that I tried to search if the wine is still available. I managed to get 2 cases from archive cellar from Znovin in April 2014.I was lucky they released the bottles for me due to mistake in label, which was safeguarded in their cellars not for distribution. 2011 vintage will be similarly good as both 09 and 11 were hot vintages in Moravia. If they just left some of the wine in oak I would stop buying Stapleton-Springer, which costs 2-3 times more.

No comments:

Post a Comment