Saturday, January 24, 2015

Tesco Finest Viña Mara Rioja Reserva 2004

Variety: Tempranillo
Country of origin: Spain
Wine appellation: Rioja
Vintage: 2004
Alcohol content: 13.5%
Color: garnet red with bricky meniscus
Bouquet: expressive, very leathery, animal, spices, cedar wood, at the end hint of cherries, elegant cigar box, with very light vanilla, some coffee at the end 
Taste: medium body, yammie, sour cherries, quite lot of spices, good wood, proper acidity with elegant tannins,, longer finish
Recommended food pairing: dry salamis
Overall score: 4+8.5+13+7+8=90.5
Price: CZK 199 in promo
2nd bottle of this wine tasted. First tasted with my friend in January 2013. The wine growed fantastically. I very much like Rioja anyway. I started to enjoy the region ages ago, now drinking it, I am asking questions why would I need to search further, especially for this value??

2 comments:

  1. This is a very decent Supermarket Rioja and from the excellent Baron de Ley
    I actually prefer it to the Gran Reserva

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also ask myself about looking at other regions when Rioja has such satisfying wines. I remain a huge fun of the region.

    ReplyDelete