Sunday, January 9, 2011

Penfolds Rawson's Retreat Cabernet Sauvignon 2008

Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
Country of origin: Australia
Wine appellation: South Eastern Australia
Vintage: 2008
Alcohol content: 13.5%
Residual sugar: n/a
Acidity: n/a
Color: deep ruby red with lighter meniscus
Bouquet: strong black currant, almost the way my mum used to make a preserve from that fruit, ripe black sour cherry, very slight hint of mint
Taste: medium body, very fruity, typical cabernety flavor of black currant, very straightforward, medium tannins still slightly harsher I would like,  medium finish
Recommended food pairing: definetely BBQ outside with friends
Overall score: 82
Price: CZK 220 (I got it at promo 1+1)
Stopper: plastic cork
Reasonable juicy and fruity cab sauv not trying to be complicated, fruit is a dominant characteristic, very good choice at promo price, reasonable at regular. I saw even 2010 vintage to be sold.  I cannot imagine the taste of this vintage as I would recommend mine second bottle of 2008 to be opened in 6 to 12 months to see whether this still slightly harsher tannins would soften.

No comments:

Post a Comment