Monday, September 8, 2014

Viu Manent Malbec Reserva 2011

Country of origin: Argentina
Wine appellation: Mendoza
Vintage: 2011
Alcohol content: 13.5%
Color: medium ruby red with violet hues
Bouquet: predominantly fruit driven, plums, blackberries, black sour cherry, hint of chocolate
Taste: medium body, sour cherries, blackberries, still slightly unripe tannins, slighty higher acidity at the end touch of  black chocolate, medium to longer finish
Overall score: 3.5+7+11+6.5+7=85
Price: CZK 200
Stopper: screw cap
I remember tasting form the same winery and reserva row 08 vintage in in April 2014. This vintage (11) is rather different, it seems to me it was from cooler vintage  due to paler color and less dense profile in the taste. I just bought one bottle to taste whether I should buy more to my cellar for ageing and I will not do that as I am afraid the wine does not have the desirable qualities for improvement despite having higher acidity and higher (slightly harsh) tannins. Drinking it at the same time with Trapiche 08 this is clear outsider.

No comments:

Post a Comment