Sunday, March 21, 2010

Peter Lehmann Stonewell Barossa Shiraz 2002

Variety: 100% Shiraz
Country of origin: Australia
Wine appellation: Barossa valley
Vintage: 2002
Alcohol content: 14.5%
Residual sugar: 1.9g/l
Acidity: 6.29g/l
Color: black with garnet meniscus
Bouquet: canned blackberries, concentrated forest fruits marmalade, coffee, spices
Taste: full body, concentrated aroma of blackberries, black chocolate, coffee, vanilla, nice pepperness, velvety tannins, long lingering finish
Recommended food pairing:nice sirloin steak
Overall score: 89
Price: CZK 1200 on the web
Stopper: cork
Definitely nice Shiraz!! Dense color, with jammy, coffee and chocolate taste and nice long finish. It is peaking now, so I would not risk to store it more if I had some bottles (which I do not :().

2 comments:

  1. Wow.89. Big score. I'll look out for this. I associate Peter Lehmann with the budget end of the wine range but this is clearly something else.

    BTW I have Reidel glasses now thanks to a wine promotion so I will have to take the taste test for myself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah yeah. it was really nice. I really enjoyed the bottle tones of the wine, which must have been totally black with purple hues when young. You can see that u cannot get the Old world aging potential of 10+ years, but it was very smooth and coffee like:)

    ReplyDelete