Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Robert Mondavi Twin Oaks Cabernet Sauvignon 2005

Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
Country of origin: USA
Wine appellation
California - Nappa
Vintage2005
Alcohol content13,5%
Colormedium garnet red with bricky hues
Bouquet: typicall American nose, lots of vanilla, sweet tones, black chocolate, plums, canned balck currant
Taste: medium body, sweet fruit, plums, overripe cheery, almost no acidity and very gentle tannins, black chocolate, vanilla, medium to longer finish
Recommended food pairing: black chocolate dessert
Overall score: 3+7+11=6+6+50=83
Price: CZK 220
Stopper: cork
Woman would love this wine due to limited acidity  and sweet and gentle tannins with vanilla profile in the mouth. For me I used to like it more than 10 years ago. I remember when I first tasted Californian wines in 2000 in Corinthia Towers hotel,  I was amazed of the taste and different profile from Moravian reds. Now growing older I am not that huge fan of it unless it is not base Californian red but something more solid:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment