Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Teanum Otre Primitivo MMX

Variety: 100% Primitivo
Country of origin:
 Italy
Wine appellation
Puglia
Vintage
2010
Alcohol content15.0%
Color: medium ruby red with lighter meniscus
Bouquet: black forest fruit, black overripe cherries, touch of black chocolate, alcohol
Taste: medium to full body, black overripe cherries, lower extract does not support very high alcohol, at the end slight bitterness, sweet type of tannins, but killed by the high alcohol, medium to longer finish
Recommended food pairingchocolate dessert
Overall score: 3+7+10+6+6+50=82
Price: EUR 10 on web
Stopper: cork
This was a gift from my friend when visiting Rome, The wine has one big problem and that is : very high alcohol, Yesterday I opened it at 19°C and I could not drink it, how burning it was, today I am drinking it at 14°C and it is better, but alcohol is still dominating the wine in unpleasant way. I drank half bottle and I cannot take more. I will have to invent how to blend it with some Moravian reds I have with 11% of alcohol to make it drinkable.:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment