Thursday, August 15, 2013

Undurraga Aliwen Reserva Sauvignon Blanc 2010

Variety: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
Country of origin: Chille
Wine appellation: 70% Curico Valley, 30% Leyda Valley
Vintage: 2010
Alcohol content: 13.5%
Color: pale yellow
Bouquet: feels cool climaty, black currant leaves, lime and grass supported by touch of white grapefruit, no peach at all:-)
Taste: medium body, zesty and fresh style, gooseberry, white currant, lime, very good acidity,second part of the palate is dominated by white grapefruit, medium to longer finish
Recommended food pairing: fish, salad
Overall score: 4+7.5+12.5+6+6=86
Price: CZK 159
Stopper: screw cap
I saw in the shop among 2011 vintage one bottle of 2010 so I bough both to compare them as I remember I liked 2010 more (despite having less grapes from Leyda valley (cool climate) than 2011 vintage). Yes tasting both I can confirm that. This time I have 2010 vintage under screw cap, whereas my previous tastings in May 2012 and April 2011 were sealed under cork.  It is amazing SB for this price and also it holds very nicely under screw cap. I like it a lot similarly to concha y Torro Casillero del Diablo 2011. Review of 2011 vintage will follow and to me it feels being from hotter year. Looking fw to 2012 vintage.

No comments:

Post a Comment