Thursday, April 25, 2013

Chateau Ciceron Les Bois Fins 2006 AOC

Variety: 35% Grenache, 24% Syrah, 20% Cinsault, 16% Carignan, 5% Mourvedre 
Country of origin: France
Wine appellation: Languedoc, Corbieres
Vintage: 2006
Alcohol content: 13.0%
Color: medium garnet red 
Bouquet: a bit spicy, sour cherries, hint of canned fruit and very light touch of leather
Taste: medium body, similar to nose sour cherries are dominant fruit with hint of blackberries in the latter palate, some spiciness, still visible acidity and to me slightly harsher tannins (cannot image this wine to be young), medium  finish
Recommended food pairing: casserole
Overall score: 3+7+11+5+6+50=82
Price: CZK 79
Stopper: plastic cork
Now enjoying my sabbatical I often find very good wines in small shops, which must be coming from dodgy deals or I guess lost shipments. This way I found the very first wine on this blog Chardonnay Clos du Bois from Sonoma, in summer 2009. This time I found quite nice looking Corbiere, which from label seemed to be designed to be exported to California, not the Czech Republic:-). Overall it is quite good value/price wine, but there are better choices from Corbieres. I checked the web and some known French guide scored it 84, which to me is a bit generous. I have one more bottle so I will open it after 6 months in the cellar to see if there will be any difference (this one was drastically chilled by the cooler in hot summer evening and brought in hot summer day home in the stroller, so it could have impacted the wine negatively:-)).

No comments:

Post a Comment