Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Les Pasteliers Rouge Fruite NV

Variety: Fer Servadou, Duras, Syrah
Country of origin: France
Wine appellation: Cotes du Tarn
Vintage: NV
Alcohol content: 12.5%
Color: intense deep ruby red with violet hues
Bouquet: very strange almost perfumed fruit, very difficult to describe how untypical, yes! I have it , luckily I come from village with this fruit to be very common there, in English dictionary is called gage, wen they are totally overripe they have very intense nose similar to this wine and they are very juicy
Taste:  medium body, similar to nose very different mouth profile, the wine feels really dense and almost oily in the mouth, it is difficult even to let it flow in the mouth (this is perception, the wine is perfectly liquid), fruity, black forest fruit, plums, nice tannins (not harsh), medium  finish
Recommended food pairing: pate
Overall score: 4+7+11+5+6+50=83
Price: CZK 120
Stopper: plastic cork
I please myself for buying the wine the wine, I got only one bottle not sure what to expect. This is my first time tasting the region and the grapes from there. It is for sure completely different wine that my mouth and nose is used to drink, but that what life is about to try differences and compare them:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment