Sunday, December 13, 2009

Bodega Norton Torrontes 2008

Variety: Sauvignon Blanc
Country of origin: Argentina
Wine appellation: Mendoza
Vintage: 2008
Alcohol content: 12.0%
Color: pale yellow
Bouquet: very aromatic, tropical fruit, lychee, white flowers
Taste: very different from the bouquet, I would expect more fruity, it is quite dry, green apple, with a hint of green tones on a palate
Recommended food pairing: vegetable salads, excellent summer drink
Overall score: 83
Price: CZK 149
Stopper: screw cap
Tne bouquet of this wine is far better than the taste, I have extreme sensitivity for what I call green tones and I can feel them in a taste. I suspect it must be due to the fact that the grapes were not quite ripe when harvested (notice quite low alcohol for new world). The score is mainly given its bouquet, which is very nice and also comparing to Sauvignon Blanc tasted here it is better balanced in case of alcohol content. I got it for CZK 150.

No comments:

Post a Comment