Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Cono Sur Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot 2005 Tocornal

Variety: 60% Cabernet Sauvignon x 40% Merlot
Country of origin: Chile
Wine appellation: Central valley
Vintage: 2005
Alcohol content: 13%
Color: garnet red with bricky meniscus
Bouquet: sour cherries and cherries, black currant, spiciness
Taste: medium body, canned sour cherries, canned black currant, smooth, hint of coffee, medium finish
Recommended food pairing: matured hard cheese, salami
Overall score: 83
This blend is more similar to Merlot I have tasted here than the pure Cabernet tasted here. I got this one on a walk from small Vietnamese shop. I was surprised they had 05 vintage and as I knew it I got the last 2 bottles they had for CZK 150:). It is very good wine for the price. It is slightly worse than my wines as I had them stored in stable conditions for 4 years, this one was most likely in vertical position and changing temperature.
P.S. temporary pic from the net

No comments:

Post a Comment