Sunday, December 13, 2009

Moselland Divinum Riesling 2007

Variety: Riesling
Country of origin: Germany
Wine appellation: Mosel
Vintage: 2007
Alcohol content: 11.0%
Color: pale yellow with greenish hue
Bouquet: citrusy, mineral, tangy, lime, linden tree
Taste: lighter body, lime, green pear, zesty acidity and at the end very slight hint of residual sugar
Recommended food pairing: fish, seafood, schnitzel,
Overall score: 86
Price: CZK 99
Stopper: screw cap
I really like this Riesling, It has everything that good Riesling should have: it is very zesty, nice acidity, minerality, lush scent and it is not overburden with high alcohol like New World wines I tasted recently. More and more I will likely change from Moravian Rieslings to German ones, they usually have much better quality for the price. I got this one for CZK 100 (EUR 4) and its has striking price value ratio. I will get a case for sure.
Before I take my photo of the bottle I have attached the pic from web (tasted bottle is the red one).

1 comment:

  1. Riesling is the trend here this year. Interesting that you can get such a wine for that price!

    ReplyDelete