Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Bessa Valley Enira 2005

Variety: Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Syrah
Country of origin: Bulgaria
Wine appellation: Pazardjik
Vintage: 2005
Alcohol content: 14.5%
Color: garnet red with bricky meniscus
Bouquet: strong vanilla flavor, chocolate, hint of plum jam, sour cherries preserved in alcohol
Taste: medium body, vanilla, higher tannins, canned cherries, strawberries, slighter acidity, medium to long finish
Recommended food pairing: pork loin
Overall score: 84
Price: gift
Stopper: cork
This bottle I got from my friend leaving Czech Republic and actually I gave him the bottle for his birthday:)The wine has strong vanilla character with dominant fruit preserved in alcohol. Although alcohol is high, it does not stand out in the nose. It is nice, mellow, just slightly lower acidity would move it to higher scores.

2 comments:

  1. What a pity I missed drinking this before I left! Maybe another birthday....

    ReplyDelete